Sequins, fringes, drapes and pearls, feathers with long gloves and wavy short hair crowned with rhinestoned headbands. That was what 20s were all about: glamour. There has never been a decade more flamboyant and resplendent, and no women who looked more drop-dead gorgeous.
Luckily, this spring/summer season the trend time machine had pointed to the 1920s, showcasing various examples in Gucci, Ralph Lauren, Chanel, Ferretti..etc, and you can never go wrong if you opt for some kick ass flapper dresses. I mean, who doesn’t love The Great Gatsby anyway??
1) Pink Lace Dripping Crochet Tiered Flapper Mini Dress (80s) – Auction (current price $46.00)
2) Silk Sequin Gold Beaded Leaf Fringe Flapper Mini Dress (70s) – Auction (current price $41.00)
3) Black Flapper Dress with Beaded Ruched Shoulders and Drop Waist (70s) – £58.00
4) Silver Fringe Beaded Flapper Dress (20s) – $2,400.00
5) Pink Sheer Lace Flapper Dress (80s) – $236.00
6) Black Silk & Sequin Flapper Dress (70s) – $209.00
7) Chevron Deep V Open Back Fringe Flapper Dress (70s) – Auction (current price $305.00)
8) Handmade Gold Flapper Glass Bead Dress (20s) – $1,890.00
9) Pink Pailette Net Flapper (20s) – $1,800.00
10) Gold Sequin Beaded Fringe Dress (80s) – $150.00 (or best offer)
11) Royal Blue Beaded Fringe Silk Cocktail Dress (80s) – $62.99
12) Black Fringed Flapper Cocktail Dress (60s) – Auction (current price $19.49)
13) Scarlet Flapper Dress & Bolero(40s) – $400.00